Modification Date: July 29, 2021
Effective Date: July 29, 2021
Hi, it’s Natalie. Just like you, I care about how my personal information is used online. Below is a comprehensive list detailing the privacy practices employed here at LiveOakEC.com. Please read the entire policy to make sure you understand our practices fully.
A. What Personal Data Do We Collect From You?
Personal data is information that can be used to identify you such as your name, IP address, and email address. We process personal data from you in a number of ways including:
1) Opt-In To Admissions Cycle PDF: Your name and email address.
2) Opt-In To Free 30 Minute Consultation: Your name, phone number, and email address.
3) Transaction: Your name, email address, billing information, and payment source.
4) Contact Form Submissions: Your name, email address, and any information contained in the message field.
5) Free Consultations and Paid Consulting Services: Any personal information provided about your child(ren) and family (both written and in conversations) that is deemed necessary to provide the best quality service.
B. What Is The Purpose of Processing Your Personal Data?
We collect the information above for the following purposes:
1) Opt-In To Admissions Cycle PDF: To provide you with access to the PDF and information about the admissions cycle in general.
2) Opt-In To Free 30 Minute Consultation: To be able to connect with you for the aforementioned 30 minute consultation.
3) Transaction: To process a purchase you make with us.
4) Contact Form Submissions: To answer questions you might have.
5) Free Consultations and Paid Consulting Services: To provide the best possible consulting services.
C. What Legal Basis Do We Have For Collecting and Processing Your Information?
Our legal basis for each of the ways we process your data is as follows:
1) Opt-In To Admissions Cycle PDF: We will ask for your consent first.
2) Opt-In To Free 30 Minute Consultation: We will ask for your consent first.
3) Transaction: To process a purchase you make with us.
4) Contact Form Submissions: We have an allowed legitimate interest in providing a response to your questions and need to use your data to do so. We will not use the data for other purposes.
5) Free Consultations and Paid Consulting Services: We have an allowed legitimate interest in providing quality service and need to use your data to do so. We will not use the data for other purposes.
D. Who Has Access To The Data We Collect?
We process and access you data as described above through the help of third parties that have the digital infrastructure that we do not and without whom we would be unable to provide our products and services including:
• Financial transaction processors (processing your payments)
• Customer service communication platform
• Email communication manager
• Marketing funnel providers
• Website management services
• Website design and programming services
These third parties have made contractual promises to not use your personal data in any manner we do not authorize.
Also note, that personal info given during free consultations and paid consulting services is not shared with any third party and is stored locally.
E. Your Right To Ask For Corrections, Erasure, And Other Actions
We want you to have control over your data. You have the right to see all the data we have for you, ask for the corrections to the data, ask us to erase the data, object to how we use your data, ask that the data be exported, and ask that we stop automatically processing the data in particular manners. Although we have certain rights to limit your control of data, we believe it is YOUR data so we will liberally comply with your requests whenever possible. We are not a data mining company trying to monetize your personal information. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
F. Your Right To Withdraw Consent
We want to emphasize that wherever we’ve asked for your consent to collect or process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent. You can contact us here to do so.
G. Do We Transfer Your Data Outside the United States?
No. We are located in the United States. Your data is collected and held here.
H. Privacy Concerns, Contacting Us, Complaints
You can contact us with any questions or requests you have about these policies or your personal data by contacting us here.
I. Do Not Track Signals
Pursuant to the California Online Privacy Protection Act, we hereby disclose that we do not currently honor “do not track” signals issued by browsers or other third party sources.
J. California Eraser Law
If you are an individual under 18, a resident of California, and have provided personal information or content to us in some manner, you have the right to request the deletion of that information pursuant to the “California Eraser Law.” Contact us to make such a request.
L. Legal Disclosures of Personal Information
We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us, (2) protect and defend our rights or property or (3) act under exigent circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users of the site.
M. DMCA Disclosures
We comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998. As part of the compliance process, we may be required to disclose whatever information we have for you to a copyright holder who has submitted a complaint to us as a matter of law.
N. Security Measures
We have security measures in place such as Secure Sockets Layer protocols to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we or our vendors obtain from you, but we make no assurances about our ability to prevent any such loss, misuse, to you or to any third party arising out of any such loss, misuse, or alteration. If we suffer a data breach, we will provide you with the appropriate breach notification given jurisdiction and FBI requirements.
O. Third Party Websites
We link to other sites, but please keep in mind that we do not control the privacy policies of those sites. Make sure to review the policies of any such sites before providing your personal information.